YOU can nominate your fave money blogs for an award.
Nominations are have reopened for our sixth annual SHOMO awards, once again sponsored by cashback site Quidco.
If you’re a money blogger, the SHOMOs are your chance to get some recognition. Most blogging awards put all money bloggers together – if they’re not lumped into a lifestyle category – but the SHOMOs give us a chance to celebrate our specialisms, and showcase the breadth of topics we write about.
We’ve a couple of new categories this year. Here’s the full list
- Legendary Money blogger, Sponsored by Quidco.
- People’s choice award, Sponsored by PensionBee
- Best new money blog
- Best money saving blog
- Best money making blog
- Best personal finance blog
- Best frugal & thrift blog
- Best specialist money blog (Finance)
- Best specialist money blog (Investing)
- Best specialist money blog (Lifestyle)
- Best specialist money blog (Food)
- Best specialist money blog (Family)
- Best money broadcaster (podcasts)
- Best money broadcaster (video)
- Best money influencer
- Best money micro-influencer
- Best company, charity or brand money blog
The winners will be announced at the Show Me The Money Bloggers 7 conference on March 6th 2020.
How to nominate
All awards are open for public nominations except Legendary Money Blogger (shortlisted by the SHOMOs committee) and People’s Choice (all nominated blogs will be in the running)
For the remaining categories, nominations close
on 14th June 2020 30th September 2020.
Just fill in the nomination form at the bottom of the page by entering the web address of the blog you think should win the category.
You can nominate your own blog. You don’t need to enter a nomination for each category.
IMPORTANT: The number of people who nominate you WON’T be taken into account. This means there is no need to ask people to nominate you. In fact, please don’t do this as it just makes the admin a headache.
Depending on the number of entries in each category, a shortlisting process may be undertaken to produce a list of finalists.
- For the purposes of the SHOMOs, a blog is a written article which reflects or shares the writer’s experiences or expertise.
- Only posts published between June 1st 2019 and September 30th 2020 are eligible.
- Best New Blog has a slightly longer period of March 1st 2019 to September 30th 2020.
- The blog, vlog or podcast must have published at least one post a month in this period.
- The SHOMOs are for independent bloggers and podcasters. An independent blog or podcast is classed as:
- A blog or podcast created from scratch and run by an individual or individuals
- Not owned or part-owned by a larger corporation, brand or company
- There must be at least six money-related blog posts relating to the relevant category (e.g. six posts on making money for Best Money Making Blog) written by the blog owner (i.e. not guest bloggers) in the eligibility period.
- Vlogs, podcasts and social media are recognised in their own categories
- UKMB does not support payday lenders or match betting and content related to this will not be considered by the judges.
- Eligibility is at the organisers’ discretion.
More on each category: General awards
Legendary Money Blogger
Sponsored by Quidco
The top blogger of the year. The judges will be recognising the blogger who has made an outstanding contribution to the world of money blogging. It’s more than just about content, we’re looking for people who embody the UK Money Bloggers ethos. You cannot nominate for this award.
Sponsored by PensionBee
All the nominated blogs will be automatically be entered into the People’s choice award. Readers will then get to vote for the blog which they love the most!
Best new blog
One for the newbies. As long as the blog is about money and was started between March 1st 2019 and May 31st 2020, it’s in with a shout.
Best money saving blog
Who posts the articles that help you spend less? Let us know your nomination for the site that regularly cuts your costs through tips, deals, competitions, coupons or freebies.
Best money making blog
Who has the tricks and tips to boost your budget? Blogs which primarily focus on Matched betting and not other side hustles will not be considered, so please don’t nominate them.
Best personal finance blog
These bloggers should know their stuff – and help you make decisions when saving and managing money, covering topics such as banking, bills and savings.
Best frugal & thrift blog
One for the blogs that help you spend as little as possible. Nominate the blogger who helps readers get by with thrifty tricks and frugal tips.
Best specialist money blog (Finance)
This new award celebrates the blogs that provide insight and support to a specific financial area. From debt to financial independence to consumer rights.
Best specialist money blog (Investing)
This is the serious stuff. Who’s helped you make the big decisions on investing and your future?
Best specialist money blog (Lifestyle)
Another that recognises niche money bloggers devoted to topics from beauty to the environment and from comping to travel, who’s cornered the market in money blogging for a specific lifestyle audience?
Best specialist money blog (Food)
Filling the fridge is a big expense, which is where the frugal foodies can really help us dish up tasty meals on a budget.
Best specialist money blog (Family)
Family finances are a popular topic for readers. Nominate the blog which helps you make the most of your budget while raising kids.
Best money broadcaster (podcasts)
Here we’re looking for the money and finance podcasts you can’t stop listening to. Again, it’s the independents we’re looking for here – and there are plenty to chose from.
Best money broadcaster (video)
We’re looking to find the person who makes the biggest difference to your finances via video on platforms such as YouTube and IGTV.
Best money influencer
For those with 10,000+ followers on a single platform. An individual or blog can be entered for this category multiple times, but can enter only once per social channel.
Best money micro-influencer
Recognising the social media influencers with less than 10,000 followers on their chosen platform. An individual or blog can be entered for this category multiple times, but can enter only once per channel.
Best charity, company or brand money blog
There are some great blogs out there run by companies, charities or brands. Nominate your favourite here which is too big for our independent categories. Remember this should recognise blog content and not useful personal finance and money saving websites.
Now, get nominating! Remember nominations close 14th June 2020.