If you’re a money blogger, this is the chance to get some recognition. Most blogging awards put all money bloggers together – if they’re not lumped into a lifestyle category – but the SHO-MOs give us a chance to celebrate our specialities, and showcase the breadth of topics we write about.
Nominations are now open, and will close on
July 3rd 2016 – EXTENDED TILL 5TH JULY. NOW CLOSED. The winners will be announced at the Show Me The Money Bloggers conference.
- For the purposes of the SHO-MOs, a blog is a written article which reflects or shares the writer’s experiences or expertise. These articles should be the primary purpose of the website.
- There must be at least ten money-related blog posts relating to the relevant cateogry.
- Only posts published between May 1st 2015 and April 30th 2016 are eligible.
- The SHO-MOs are for independent bloggers. An independent blog is classed as having no more than four people regularly contributing, either on content or “back room” support such as technical and marketing roles. Contributions by guest bloggers are allowed in addition to this as long as an individual has not contributed more than ten articles since May 1st 2015.
- Eligibility is at the organisers discretion.
Best deals, coupons or freebies blog
Who posts the best offers? Let us know your nomination for the site that regularly cuts your costs through fantastic deals, competitions, coupons or freebies.
Best debt blog
Nominate the blog you think has the most inspirational story of how they escaped their spiralling debt, or gives advice to help people stuggling to cope.
Best frugal & thrift blog
Nominate the blogger who helps readers get by with thrifty tricks and frugal tips.
Best investments, pensions or mortgages blog
This is the serious stuff. Who’s helped you make the big decisions on your home and your future?
Best money & lifestyle blog
From food or fashion to travel or toddlers, who’s cornered the market in money blogging for a specific lifestyle audience?
Best money making blog
Who has the tricks and tips to boost your budget?
Best personal finance blog
These bloggers should know their stuff – and help you make decisions when saving and managing money, covering topics such as banking, bills and savings.
Best new blog
One for the newbies. As long as the blog is about money and was started after June 2015, it’s in with a shout.
Best money podcast, vlog or social media
Who has entertained and informed you the most through a podcast, vlog or use of social media – from Vine to Pinterest, via Facebook and Twitter?
Money Blogger of the year
The judges will be able to select their favourite blogs from all the nominees, with the top six entered into the Money Blogger of the year category.
All the nominated blogs will be automatically be entered into the People’s choice award. Readers will then get to vote for the blog which they love the most!
How to nominate?
Just fill in the nomination form below. You don’t need to enter a nomination for each category.
It doesn’t matter how many nominations a blog gets – one is all that’s needed. Depending on the number of entries in each category, a shortlisting process may be undertaken to produce a list of finalists, but the number of people who nominate you WON’T be taken into account, so please don’t ask your followers to nominate you. You can nominate your own blog.